Ok , so there is a little bit of excitement going on at The Bridge…but is there anything else out there for you rumour-addicted people? No, no not really. But here’s a little taste of the boredom out there right now in a Mourinho-less world.
– The final straw that led to Mourinho’s departure was a “spat” with John Terry. Yeah, sounds very believable. All hail Roman and Kenyon.
– Andy Johnson has been dropped for Everton’s comeback UEFA game against Metalist Kharkiv, and he won’t take it lying down – unless he is injured as Moyes claims. AJ’s replacement will be Scottish wonderboy James McFadden.
– Jose Mourinho is expecting a hefty sack of Â£25m , as a pay-off from Roman Abramovich.
– Sir Alex “Concave Testicles” Ferguson is having a sniff around Sporting Lisbon’s Rabiu Ibrahim.
– Tottenham boss (for now) Martin Jol has lashed out at the rumours of a violent rumpus with Defoe, claiming that he hasn’t threatened to let him “rot” in the reserves..Hang on, isn’t that what he is almost doing already?
– There are others that are going with a different angle on the Defoe-Jol bust up, claiming that Mr Defoe’s obsession with watching Big Brother is the cause of all the tension! (Daily Mail)
– QPR are contemplating “doing an Abramovich” on John Gregory… if anyone cared…