It seems that the Premier League is now even more chock a block with young talents but here is a run down of the ten most promising players still yet to celebrate their 20th birthday!
10) Febian Brandy (Manchester United) – Even though this young starlet is loaned out to Swansea for the next six months this 19 year old attacker is still one of the hottest prospects in the Premier League. He helped the Swans achieve promotion to the Championship with his cameo appearances from the bench proving very effective. Could well be a player that Sir Alex considers for the future.
9) Daniel Sturridge (Man City) – 18 year old Sturride has already shown the Eastlands supporters just what he is capable of. The front man scored on his first team starting debut and helped Man City to FA Youth Cup glory finishing as the cup’s top scorer. The no nonsense speedy striker is sure to get even more first team opportunities this coming season under new manager Mark Hughes.
Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool) – This Spanish teenager could well prove to be a very wise investment by Rafa Benitez. The 17 year old was nabbed from Barcelona and the impish striker has shown fans during the pre-season friendlies just what an impact he can make. The nippy striker could well be one for the future but may well be ready for the odd sub role in the Carling Cup this coming season.
7) Dan Gosling (Everton) – Former Plymouth man Gosling was targeted by a handful of Premier League outfits before he opted for a move to Merseyside. The 18 year old star can play as defensive midfield or as a full back and David Moyes has stated that the England Under 19 star could well be in for a first team debut this coming season.
6) Freddie Sears (West Ham) – Local lad Sears couldn’t have dreamed up a better start to his Upton Park career. After scoring goals for fun at youth and reserve level the 18 year old scored within six minutes of his first appearance coming on as sub for the Hammers against Blackburn Rovers.
5) Emiliano Insua (Liverpool) – 19 year old Argentine Insua has made excellent progress at the club and is looking to build on the two starts he has managed in each of the past two seasons. Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has been sniffing around the left back but Rafa looks keen on the former Boca Junior and he looks like being one for the future at Anfield.
4) Carlos Vela (Arsenal) – Everyone at Emirates has been drooling over the young Mexican since he joined the club in November 2005. He has been in tremendous form on loan in Spain for the past two seasons but now he is back in north London and eager to show the fans just what he can do. He could also find himself getting some first team action either on the wing or more likely as striker.
3) Giovani (Spurs) – A truly inspired signing by Juande Ramos the former Barcelona man was one of the most sought after young talents on the planet and Tottenham secured his services for under 5m. The Mexican has already shown what he can do at the highest level, in his last appearance in La Liga he managed a hat-trick. Versatile and full of flair he can play out wide, behind the front men and as a striker.
2) Gareth Bale (Spurs) – The Welshman signed from Southampton impressed the White Hart Lane faithful last season until injury curtailed his progress. Thankfully the 19 year old left sided man is back in action in the pre-season friendlies and looks raring to go and ready to pick up where he left off.
1) Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal) – This young recruit from Cardiff was of course chased by just about every big side in the country and it’s no surprise why. The 17 year old midfielder has shown maturity beyond his years and such is his rapid progression he may well be a player who Arsene Wenger puts a lot of faith in this coming season.