Premiership side Newcastle United are up for sale! Whilst that may be stale news, the news in regards to who might be taking over at the club is not. A who’s who list of billionaires are supposedly rumoured to be knocking at the door of the Tyneside club. Will Mike Ashley welcome any of them in?
Here’s the list of the supposedly interested players.
1. Anil Ambani (The sixth richest man in the world)
2. Sheikh Mohammed bin Radid Al Maktoum (Big money cash player from Dubai)
3. Graham Wylie (Geordie racehorse owner)
4. Xu Rongmao (Chinese billionaire)
5. Bill Gates (well, everyone knows him, right?)
Whilst Indian business tycoon Anil Ambani has refuted all such rumours, the Sheikh has not done so. Chinese billionaire Xu Rongmao’s name has been floated in, too, and although one cannot be too sure as to who spitted out Graham Wylie’s name, one can be deadsure that a certain Bill Gates cannot and will not manage a messy pile that is Newcastle United!
Mike Ashley’s currently doing all he can to convince the aforementioned into taking the albatross off his neck. But will he succeed? Let’s wait and see.