The Clock Is Ticking on Rafa’s Reign, here are ten ways he can buy himself more time.
1. – Put Yossi Benayoun in First Team Sheet EVEN if we have no injury problems!
2. – Do not take off potential match winners UNLESS we are winning by at least two goals!
3. – Do not always make excuses for defeats that are based on refereeing error or injury problems (sometimes we are just the second best team or sometimes you have actually made a mistake).
4. – Bring Kristian Nemeth back from AEK Athens…NOW!
5. – Try to get the lads to perform with as much intensity and passion regardless of the opposition. I.e. don’t lose at Fulham days after winning against Man United.
6.- Continue to trust in youth, it has been far too long since good players have come through. The talents of the likes of Spearing, Kelly, Ayala and Darby must be nourished.
7. – Make it perfectly clear to the under performing players (they know who they are) that they will be offloaded and not allowed to just keep letting the side down. There are far too many average players in our squad, do something about it!
8. – Think long and hard about tactical ‘masterplans’ that could in fact seriously backfire in crucial matches. Sometimes there is no need to reinvent the wheel.
9. – The full support you have from a great majority of fans (me included) is by no means unconditional and is not absolute. Successes are noted but continual failures take their toll on supporters.
10. – Find some incriminating evidence involving Tom Hicks, George Gillett and any Farmyard animal in a compromising situation. Therefore ridding the club of the comedy duo.