Just in time for MLS play-offs…perhaps!
David Beckham is targeting a November return from the Achilles injury that ended his dream of playing in the World Cup in South Africa.
In March, Beckham was ruled out for up to six months but the recovery appears to be taking longer than expected.
That means Beckham will not feature in Major League Soccer this season, unless Los Angeles Galaxy reach the play-offs.
“I won’t be running for another three months, so I will be playing again in, probably, November,” Beckham told ABC.
The next England game he is likely to be fit for is the 2012 European Championship qualifier against Wales on 29 March 2011.
Beckham underwent surgery in March after rupturing a tendon while on loan at AC Milan. He had previously said he expected to be back in action by September.
The former Manchester United star was still on crutches when he went to the studios of US TV network ABC on Monday.
“My mentality is to kind of push it and get moving and running as soon as possible. But it’s an injury that has to take time to heal,” he said.
“It’s frustrating. It’s obviously disappointing because I’ve been working for the last two years to get into the English squad for the World Cup.” (BBC Sport)
Judging by the manner with which he is necking that pint he is clearly having no problems with his beer hand but his Achilles is still playing up, so much so that he looks like being out for a good few months yet. No worries, now Becks can get himself well and truly plastered. Hell he could probably play comfortably in the MLS with a broken leg whilst drunk without anyone noticing, or maybe not.