Ajax striker moves closer to Anfield move.
Liverpool Tickets Available from Tixdaq.com
Ajax boss Frank de Boer says there is a “50-50 chance” that Luis Suarez will join Liverpool.
Ajax have warned Liverpool that any agreement for Suarez, 24, must be in place by Saturday, and a report in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Thursday night suggested their €15 million bid was around half the asking price.
An Ajax spokesman said this week the club had been awaiting “something more respectful”, while Kenny Dalglish had acknowledged that it is “difficult to get players out of other clubs at this time”.
However, although reports suggest the clubs may be too far apart in their valuations for the player, De Boer feels Liverpool are likely to make an improved offer and that there remains a very realistic prospect of a deal.
“I think it’s a 50-50 chance that Luis Suarez continues here,” he said. “Liverpool know what we want for Suarez. Luis is gone when they pay that amount. I expect them to make a higher bid.”
Odds on Luis Suarez moving to Liverpool have dipped dramatically with some bookmakers given as little as 1/5 on such a move coming to fruition and now that Ajax boss Frank de Boer has stated that the chances are 50-50 of the Uruguayan international moving to Anfield. He also appears to believe that the Merseyside club will increase their bid and the fee of around £18.5m appears to be what the Amsterdam side is after.
The Eredivisie side knows that keeping the 23 year old at the club now that he has made it clear he wants to leave would be counter productive and given the financial problems Ajax currently have, a quick sale would appear to become even more likely.
Talk of a Fernando Torres move to Chelsea appears to be in no way related to this long winded saga but clearly the addition of a quality strike partner for the Spanish international would appear to make it less likely he would push for a move away from the club.