We’ve teamed up with McDonald’s, the official Community Partner of the FA, to offer two lucky youngsters between the ages of 7 and 11 years old the chance to become a McDonald’s Player Escort and walk out with the England players onto the pitch at Wembley Stadium on 4th June at 4.45pm as they take on Switzerland vying for a place at the UEFA Euro 2012 Championships.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes the chance to walk out, hand-in-hand, with the nation’s greatest footballers as they line up to take centre stage as England and Switzerland battle it out in this final UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying match of the season. The prize includes tickets to the match for the player escort and their parents/guardian, as well as a goody bag, replica national shirt and shorts and a contribution towards travel expenses on the day.
When the two sides met in September 2010 in Basel, England triumphed 3-1, thanks to goals by Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent and Adam Johnson. England currently top their qualifying group, but Switzerland, who at last summer’s World Cup beat World Champions Spain, are still in with a chance of making the finals in Poland and Ukraine and will be keen to try and grab a victory over Fabio Capello’s men.
McDonald’s has been the community partner of the FA since 2002 and aims to create more football for all. Since the partnership was formed McDonalds has created over 20,000 qualified football coaches, offering 2 million hours of free, quality football to young players across the UK.
Geoff Hurst, McDonald’s Director of Football comments: “The McDonald’s community football programme is about providing more opportunities for people to get involved in grassroots football. Winning the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk out in front of the England fans at Wembley is a unique experience and I hope the competition winners have a great night.”
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, answer the following question:
Q: How Many England international goals at senior level as Emile Heskey scored?
Entries must be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 (UK Time) on Friday 20th May and should also include responses to the following two questions.
 I would like to receive future information about McDonald’s Football programme in the UK: YES/NO
 I’d like to receive future information about other McDonald’s news and promotions: YES/NO
The first two entries to be randomly selected from all correct answers will win.
Media Partner Prize Promotion Provisions
McDonald’s/Agency Prompt Sheet
1. Rules: “Entrants are also bound by the General Rules at www.mcdonalds.co.uk/policies/football-terms-and-conditions.shtml.”
2. Participants: Must be 18 and over and UK resident and a parent or guardian of the child wanting to receive a place as a player escort
3. Duration of Promotion: Enter the Promotion between 12pm Tuesday 17th May 2011 and 23.59pm Friday 20th May 2011 inclusive.
4. Entry Criteria: Answer a question(s) correctly to be entered in to a draw for a chance to win.
5. Conditions of entry: Limit of one entry per person
6. How to Submit your Entry: Entries to be submitted via email. No other method of entry will be accepted.
7. Prizes: The prize pool consists of 2 prizes each of:
o 1 player escort place at the England v Switzerland match on 4th June 2011 for a child aged 7 – 11at time of match, including 4 match tickets, player escort strip and a travel-contribution. A parent/guardian must sign liability release, certification and publicity-consent forms as well as undertaking to accompany the player escort
8. Prize Awards: Winning entrants will be notified by telephone and / or email and should be contactable no later than Monday 23rd May. Prize notification will be sent by email to the address registered at time of entry. If the winner cannot be contacted by telephone before 13:00 on Monday 23rd May, an alternative winner will be selected.
9. General: Winners will be required for promotional and media activity in relation to this promotion and to McDonald’s football activities, including facilitating the publication of press releases, editorial and photographs on the UK websites of the Promoter, McDonald’s, and The FA, winners’ local media and in McDonald’s UK restaurants.
10. Promoter’s Details: email@example.com – please use this address for entries and enquiries