Anfield have first option on striker.
Liverpool have been given first refusal to buy Pachuca striker Marco Bueno next summer.
The 17-year-old has to wait until he is 18 to join the Reds but has spent 10 days training at Melwood and impressed the coaches at the club.
He made his senior debut for Pachuca on Saturday, playing the final eight minutes of his team’s 1-0 win over Jaguares.
Mexico’s U17 World Cup winning international has been labelled ‘the new Chicharito’, after Man United star Javier Hernandez.
Bueno appeared in seven of Mexico’s eight games en route to the 2011 U17 World Cup championship scoring one goal at the tournament.
Pachuca’s sports vice president Andres Fassi said expects the deal to go through as all three parties are happy for it to happen.
“We received a letter last week from Liverpool, who want the player to go there when he turns 18,” he said.
“Maybe Liverpool will then make an offer, but that would not be until he is 18-years-old, when FIFA’s laws allow.”
In August, ESPN reported Fassi said: “We have practically closed negotiations with them (Liverpool). They want to buy 100 percent of the rights.”
Kenny Dalglish currently has a preferred strike pairing of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll with back up from the likes of Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt but clearly the Scot is looking to plan for the future and a move to bring in the talented young Mexican makes a great deal of sense.