Newcastle striker Papis Cisse believes that Newcastle has what it takes to challenge in Europe next season, should they keep their big names this summer….
Scoring sensation Papiss Cisse has urged Newcastle to hang on to all their best players as they prepare for what they hope will be an exciting new challenge.
The Magpies could secure European football for next season with a victory over Stoke on Saturday and, in the process, strengthen their claims on Champions League qualification.
Source: Sporting life
Following one of Newcastle’s best ever Premier League seasons, manager Alan Pardew knows he has his work cut out if he’s to hang on to the likes of goalkeeper Tim Krul, midfielder Cheick Tiote and leading scorer Demba Ba.
However, Cisse admits he would be particularly disappointed to lose either Tiote or strike-partner Ba. Cisse’s 10 goals in nine games since his January arrival from Freiburg have lit up Tyneside, and the striker told the Northern Echo:
“Yes, I would be worried if they left because they have helped me a lot.
“It may effect me because of that but, at the end of the day, that’s football and if a big opportunity came along for them to move, they can.
“But I would love for them to stay and play here longer because we are doing very well together.
“It’s down to Newcastle, they will do the right thing. At the end of the day, I trust the club and they will do the right thing.”
Newcastle have gone from strength-to-strength since the £35m January transfer of striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool last year.
Newcastle know that they are firm favourites to be playing in Europe next season. Whether it be in the Champions League or the Europa league, it is a challenge that Cisse is relishing.
“That’s my objective, Europe. I like it. I sleep with it, I wake up with it every morning,” said the Senegal striker.
“I know it’s tight at the top of the table, but I’m trying to do my best and hopefully, we will get there.”
Download the Free CaughtOffside App Now at the iTunes App store by CLICKING HERE