Get the CaughtOffside iPad app. Download the #1 Free Sports App from the App Store.
All of the latest footie news and much, much more.
Champions League action live online.
Watch Barcelona v Chelsea with Fanatix Free by CLICKING HERE
Live online video and audio can be found by CLICKING BELOW
- Barcelona are playing in their fifth consecutive Champions League semi-final, the longest run in the history of the competition (since 1992/93).
- Chelsea and Barcelona have each reached the semi-final stage of the Champions League six times in the last nine seasons (since 2003/04), the best tallies over that period.
- This will be the 12th meeting between Barcelona and Chelsea in the Champions League. Only Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have played against each other more times in this competition (13).
- Chelsea are the only side who have faced Barca more than four times in the Champions League who can boast a positive head-to-head record against the Catalans (W4, D4, L3).
- Barcelona have suffered four defeats against Chelsea in the Champions League, more than against any other side.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last six Champions League games against Barcelona, four of which have been draws.
- Over these last six meetings, only once has each side managed to score more than a single goal in a game (2-2 at the Camp Nou in October 2006)
- Chelsea and Barcelona have met four times in knockout ties in the Champions League, with the Catalans progressing on three occasions.
- Barcelona last beat Chelsea in February 2006 when the sides met in the last 16 of the Champions League. The Catalans won 2-1 at Stamford Bridge.
- Pep Guardiola’s men have failed to score in two of their last three Champions League games, prior to that they had been on a run of 29 games without being shut out by their opponents.
- On each of the three occasions that Barca lost the first leg of a Champions League semi-final, the Catalans have exited the competition.
- In the first leg Barca had six times as many attempts on goal (24-4) and shots on target (6-1) as Chelsea, but still went on to lose the game 1-0.
- Chelsea are the only team to have opened the scoring in each of their 11 Champions League games this season.
- Barcelona have scored the joint-most goals in the Champions League this season: 33 in 11 games (on average three per game). That’s 11 more than Chelsea (22).
- Barcelona have won the most penalties in the Champions League this season (5) with Chelsea winning the next most (3).
- Chelsea only completed 158 passes in the first leg at Stamford Bridge, the only team that registered fewer successful passes in a Champions League game this term was APOEL Nicosia (124, in a 0-3 home defeat to Real Madrid in the quarter-finals).
- Chelsea had only 20.9% of possession in their 1-0 home win in the first leg and became the first team to win a Champions League game with a possession rate lower than 24% since Opta’s detailed data collection began in 2003/04.
- Lionel Messi is the first player to score 14 goals in a Champions League season.
- Messi is third in the all-time Champions League top-scorers chart on 51 goals. Only Raul (71) and Ruud Van Nistelrooy (56) have been more prolific.
- Chelsea are the team Lionel Messi has played the most against in the Champions League without scoring: seven games, zero goals.
- Petr Cech (48) has had to make 39 more saves than Victor Valdes (9) in the Champions League this season.
- Only Roman Weidenfeller (40%) has a worse saves-to-shots ratio in this season’s Champions League than Victor Valdes (52.9%)