Champions League action live online.
Watch Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich with Fanatix Free by CLICKING HERE
Live online video and audio can be found by CLICKING BELOW
- Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have won a combined 13 European Cup/Champions League titles (four and nine respectively).
- Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have a perfectly balanced record when facing each other in European Cup/Champions League knockout ties: both have progressed to the next round on four occasions.
- This will be the 14th meeting between Real and Bayern in the Champions League which makes this fixture the most frequent in the history of the competition.
- Bayern have won eight out of 13 Champions League games against Real (D1, L4), the most by one team against a single opponent in the history of the competition.
- Madrid have won 11 and lost just one of their last 13 Champions League games at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu games, with the only home defeat coming in last season’s semi-finals against Barcelona (0-2).
- Only one of Bayern’s last 30 games in the Champions League has ended in a draw (W20, L9).
- Real Madrid have had the most shots (excl. blocked) in the Champions League this season, trying their luck on 175 occasions. The merengues share the best attack of this competition with Barcelona (33 goals scored).
- Mario Gomez is the most efficient marksman in Champions League history. The German international has on average scored a goal every 92 minutes in the competition, a feat that no player with at least 15 CL goals to his name can match.
- Mario Gomez has scored 12 goals in nine Champions League starts this term, but only one of his goals has come away from Allianz Arena. The German international has netted exactly 50% of Bayern’s Champions League goals this season, 12 out of 24.
- Real Madrid have won the most games in this season’s Champions League: nine out of 11 played.
- Real Madrid have the most productive subs in the Champions League this season with four goals and five assists coming from players who have come off the bench.
- Kaka has delivered five assists in 396 minutes of play in the Champions League, one every 79 minutes – the best ratio in this season’s competition.
- Karim Benzema has been directly involved in 12 Champions League goals this season (seven goals + five assists), only Lionel Messi has had a hand in more (18).
- Bayern have lost their last four Champions league fixtures at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, including the 2010 final against Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan (0-2).
- Bayern have already won four Champions League knockout ties on away goals, more than any other team in the history of the competition. On the last two occasions they achieved that feat, FCB won their first-leg 2-1 at home and lost the second leg 3-2.
- Real have exited the competition on six of the eight occasions they have lost the first leg of a CL knockout tie. The last time they prevailed after a first-leg defeat was back in 2002, when they lost the first quarter-final leg at Munich 2-1, but won the return fixture at Madrid 2-0.
- 22 out of Real’s last 23 goals in the Champions League have come from open play.
- Bayern have won their last three Champions League encounters with Spanish sides, but have so far never managed to win four consecutive matches against Spanish sides in European competition.
- Referee Howard Webb showed Real’s players six yellow cards in the first leg at Allianz Arena, only once, since Opta’s detailed data collection began in 2003/04, have the Royals received this many cautions in a single CL game (09/10 against Zurich).