Etihad Stadium side clinch second summer signing.
Scott Sinclair: Swansea accept Manchester City offer
Swansea City have accepted a bid from Manchester City for Scott Sinclair, BBC Radio Wales has reported.
The forward, 23, was left out of the Swans squad for Saturday’s home game with West Ham United and has told the club he will not sign a new contract.
BBC Radio Wales reporter Mark Poyser said: “We understand Swansea have accepted a bid from Manchester City for the former Chelsea player.”
SOURCE: BBC Sport
The arrival of Scott Sinclair was seemingly on the cards following Man City’s decision to allow Adam Johnson to join Sunderland and it appears that the young Swansea City attacker is ready to make the move to the Etihad Stadium side. The 23 year old will become the second young Englishman to join the Premier League title holders following Jack Rodwell’s move to the club earlier this month.
One does wonder how easily Sinclair will find it to garner first team football at Man City and given that one of the reasons he would have left Chelsea for Swansea City would have been the knowledge that his career progression would be best served by playing week in/week out, there must be a danger that the Bath born attacker could stagnate at the Etihad Stadium.
Indeed Sinclair likely to be seen as a replacement for Adam Johnson who spent two and a half frustrating years trying to force his way into Mancini’s plans, there is no guarantee that the same may happen with the former England Under 21 international.
Sinclair has 91 appearances for Swansea City, and has scored 36 goals in the process.
Serie A tickets
Compare ticket prices for all the big games in the Italian league with tixdaq. Buy AC Milan tickets, Juventus tickets, Inter Milan tickets, Roma tickets and many more with the leading ticket comparison site.