Get the CaughtOffside iPad app. Download the #1 Free Sports App from the App Store.
All of the latest footie news and much, much more.
Chelsea legend not bound for Turin, says boss.
Juventus are not the financial position to sign former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba or any other top players this January, according to boss Antonio Conte.
Drogba, 34, had been expected to join the Old Lady from Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua. The Ivorian only moved East in the summer after helping Chelsea to the Champions League crown, but is reportedly keen to return to Europe.
Former Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo was desperate for Drogba to return to the club on loan in January but the talk of a move back to West London has cooled since the Italian was replaced by Rafael Benitez.
Conte, meanwhile, has stressed that no Italian clubs are in a financial position to sign any top players next month, reports Sporting Life.
Speaking after the 3-0 win over Atalanta on Sunday which extended Juve’s lead at the top of Serie A to seven points, Conte said: “Transfer talk seems disrespectful to the players in my team, especially at the current moment.
“It’s a critical time as far as the economy is concerned and it’s the same for several other teams.
“We won’t be signing any top players because we’re not in a position to. Neither us, nor other top teams in the Italian league.”
Tickets still available for top football matches – Man United tickets