Get the CaughtOffside iPad app. Download the #1 Free Sports App from the App Store.
All of the latest footie news and much, much more.
League One Brentford travel to Stamford Bridge in this FA Cup replay.
If they did not know what to expect from Brentford before the original tie, Chelsea certainly know now. Uwe Rosler’s League One team gave the European champions an almighty fright at Griffin Park and only a late Fernando Torres goal salvaged this replay. Brentford’s spirit and high-tempo surges unnerved Chelsea and they will make the short journey across west London with nothing to lose. Rafael Benítez can look forward to a better pitch and he has called for his players to be focused and take nothing for granted. As usual, he has everything to lose.
Venue Stamford Bridge, Sunday midday
Previous meetings Chelsea 6 Brentford 4 Draws 1
Referee Martin Atkinson
This season’s matches 29 Y108, R1, 3.76 cards per game
Subs from Hilário, Turnbull, Ferreira, Cahill, Bertrand, Ake, Ramires, Lampard, Benayoun, Mata, Marin, Torres, Malouda
Doubtful Terry (knee)
Injured Romeu (knee, Aug)
Form guide WLDDDW
Disciplinary record Y59 R4
Leading scorer Mata 16
Subs from Gounet, Lee, Barron, Dallas, Saunders, Ademyi, Hodson, Reeves, Hayes, Redwood, Kiernan, Mawson
Injured O’Connor (ankle, Mar), El-Alagui (knee, unknown)
Form guide WDLDDL
Disciplinary record Y53 R3
Leading scorer Donaldson 19
• Chelsea have Fernando Torres to thank for still being in the FA Cup. His strike seven minutes from time in the original tie at Griffin Park on 27 January, added to Oscar’s goal in the 2-2 draw. Brentford had twice taken the lead through Marcello Trotta and a Harry Forrester penalty.
• It was their second meeting in FA Cup history; Chelsea won the first 1-0 away, in the third round in 1950.
• Chelsea hold a 50% winning record over Brentford, triumphing in six of 12 competitive meetings, with the Bees winning in four; 10 of those matches were top-flight league games between 1935 and 1947.
• The winners of this replay will be away to Middlesbrough in the fifth round on Wednesday, 27 February.
• The FA Cup holders are unbeaten in 25 FA Cup matches (W20, D5), and have lost only one of their last 36 in the regulation 90 minutes.
• The seven-times winners, have lifted the trophy in four of the last six seasons.
• Chelsea were last ousted by a third tier club on 27 January 1990, when Bristol City beat them 3-1 at Ashton Gate in the fourth round.
• Brentford are trying to qualify for the last 16 for the first time in seven seasons.
• The Bees have knocked out just one of the last 10 top-flight clubs they have been been paired with in the FA Cup; that being Sunderland in the fourth round in January 2006.
• Uwe Rosler’s side have scored 13 goals in this cup run, with four of them from Clayton Donaldson.
Brentford 14/1 to beat Chelsea: Chelsea vs Brentford Betting