Brazilian starlet denies interest from Spanish giants.
Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has given Tottenham Hotspur a clearer hope of landing his signature after claiming that he has received no offers from La Liga giants Real Madrid, Sky Sports reports.
The Brazilian club have resigned themselves to losing the talented playmaker after he found himself surrounded by heavy speculation this summer and reports in Brazil suggested that Spurs met the club’s buy-out clause of £17 million.
However, rumours claimed that Real Madrid had been looking to hijack his move to north London with a late bid of their own, but the 24-year-old has denied that anyone from Real has been in contact and that he will make a decision over a move to Spurs after the Confederations Cup final on Sunday.
“It’s not true about Real Madrid, the only offer that has come is from Tottenham,” Paulinho told Terra. “But I have already said that I will only evaluate it after the Confederations Cup.”
His international colleague David Luiz talked up his talents and insisted that he has everything necessary to succeed in the English top flight.
“Paulinho is a fantastic player, both defending and attacking,” Luiz said.
“He is complete, so he can come to England. It’s a great moment for him.”