Canaries boss says England man is staying put.
Norwich City manager Chris Hughton has denied that goalkeeper John Ruddy will be on his way to Chelsea this summer, The Sun reports.
Jose Mourinho’s men are in the market for a new goalkeeper after releasing both Hilario and Ross Turnbull as well as allowing Thibaut Courtois jo rejoin Atletico Madrid on loan for a third season.
Ruddy, who enjoyed a fine season last year, and found himself involved in the England set up, was the subject of a £5 million bid last week from the Stamford Bridge outfit, but Canaries boss Chris Hughton moved quickly to deny that any such deal would be taking place.
“We see very much John’s future here and we look forward to him being here,” he said.
“John would be no different to any player we have here.
“Any interest in any of our players is just a mark and a testament to how well those individuals have done.
“We start back training on Thursday. John is very much part of our plans and will be here.
“Then we go away to Austria next week and of course John is very much part of that.
“Any interest shown in any of our players is just a mark of how well they have done.”