Argentine stopper admits he rejected move.
Velez Sarsfield defender Gino Peruzzi has said that it was his decision to reject a move to the Stadium of Light this summer, but the deal is not completely dead, according to Sky Sports.
A deal had been agreed between the two clubs for the 21-year-old, but he wasn’t able to reach a satisfactory agreement with Paolo Di Canio’s men personally.
There was an agreement between both teams, but I had to analyse my contract,” Peruzzi told reporters after Tuesday’s training session.
“Together with my family we decided that it wasn’t what we expected, and that’s why we said no.”
“It’s not true that my agent asked for a higher commission, those were lies.
“It’s the player who decides if he wants to be transferred or not, according to the contract that you are offered, and for the moment I decided not to accept it.”
“It’s not that I don’t want to go to Sunderland – it’s a team in the Premier League, one of the most important leagues in Europe. I am willing to listen to a new proposal.
“For the moment I don’t know what has happened today because I have been all the morning training. Once I get home I will have a word with my agent.
“For what I hear from the press, it seems as though there is now an arrangement, but I will know it once I get home and talk with my agent.”