Gunners have not returned with fresh offer for French ace.
Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has denied that Arsenal have returned with a fresh offer for influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye after seeing their ‘derisory’ offer rejected earlier this week, Sky Sports reports.
Speculation concerning the Frenchman’s future continued to grow following Newcastle’s 4-0 defeat to Manchester City on Monday night as Arsenal were reportedly readying a fresh bid, whilst Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain are also said to be interested.
Pardew said: “I think the situation with Yohan is an ongoing situation and we will take each day as it comes.
“There’s been one bid and I’ve turned that down, and that’s really all I’m going to say on that.”
The manager has been in the south of France to discuss prospective transfer targets with club owner Mike Ashley, but he had admitted that there are no imminent additions to add to their solitary summer signing Loic Remy, who arrived on a season long loan from QPR.
Pardew added: “I was there to get together with the owner and get ourselves a game-plan going towards the final week of the window, and that’s what we did.”
Cabaye sat out of the defeat to Manchester City after Pardew claimed that his head had been turned.