Portuguese winger had appeared on the verge of quitting the Red Devils earlier this summer.
Manchester United wide man Luis Nani has agreed a new five-year deal to now stay at the Premier League champions until the summer of 2018, according to reports in the Daily Mail.
The mercurial Portugal international’s previous contract at Old Trafford was originally due to expire on June 30 2014, and so the 26-year-old would have been able to leave the north-west on a free transfer next summer had the Red Devils not tied Nani down to a contract extension before that time.
However, the two parties have now finally reached an agreement, which will be a relief to both sides after it appeared as though the winger was about to quit the club earlier this summer.
European giants such as Juventus, AS Monaco and Galatasaray were all understood to be interested in signing Nani for £12 million in the close season, but the arrival of new United head coach David Moyes to take over from previous manager Sir Alex Ferguson appears to have forced a late change of heart by the Portuguese.
Under the veteran Scot, Nani was barely used in the previous campaign, however, Moyes is said to have been pleased with the player’s work-rate and attitude in training during preseason, hence the offer of a new deal, with Nani himself delighted to be staying at the club.
“Playing at United has been a fantastic experience for me. When I came to the club, I never imagined the success we have enjoyed,” said Nani.
“Training every day with top players who want to win trophies every year is a great motivation to me. I’m very happy that the new manager has shown this faith in me and I’m looking forward to helping the team compete for more honours this season.”