Young Englishman has found it hard to win a starting berth on the wing for the Red Devils so far this season.
Premier League champions Manchester United are still planning on sending out-of-favour wide man Wilfried Zaha out on loan when the winter transfer window finally opens again for business come the turn of the year in order for the youngster to gain some much-needed playing time, according to reports in the Sunday Mirror.
The coveted England international has only been at Old Trafford for under a year now, with Zaha originally joining the Red Devils last January from then Championship outfit Crystal Palace on a five-year deal for a fee of £15 million.
However, former United head coach Sir Alex Ferguson then decided to loan the winger straight back to the Eagles for the second half of the previous campaign, meaning that Zaha did not actually join up with his new team until last summer.
But following the arrival of new manager David Moyes in the north west, the 20-year-old has only featured for the club so far in their season curtain-raiser against FA Cup winners Wigan Athletic at Wembley Stadium in the FA Community Shield back in August.
As a result, the Scot now wants Zaha to join a fellow Premier League club on loan in the new year, with the likes of former employers Palace, Everton, West Ham United and Sunderland all understood to be keen on the Englishman.
“I’ve said if I couldn’t get Wilf a game, I would look at it in January. But I really thought when he came in he needed to be here for six months to see how we work,” said Moyes.
“It’s not because Wilf has not done enough, it’s because we have got big, big competition.”