Belgium is desperate to play at next summer’s World Cup finals.
Tottenham Hotspur midfield player Mousa Dembele may be forced to quit the north London club when the winter transfer window opens again for business in the new year in the search of more regular game time in 2014, according to reports in the Daily Mirror.
The highly rated Belgium international has only been with the north London club since August 2012, when Dembele moved to White Hart Lane from city-rivals Fulham on a five-year contract in a deal worth £15 million.
However, despite having featured in 19 matches so far in total for Andre Villas-Boas’s high-flying side this season, Dembele is understood to have grown frustrated of late about being substituted by the Tottenham head coach, with the Portuguese haven given the midfield creator the hook against both Newcastle United and Everton of late.
And with this campaign ending as it does with the Fifa World Cup finals in Brazil, the 26-year-old is said to be desperate to be part of Belgium manager Marc Wilmots’s plans for the global show-piece event in South America, especially with it being the first World Cup that his country have qualified for since 2002 in South Korea and Japan.
“The coach has explained that he makes a tactical choice, he wants more defensive players in midfield,” said Dembele, who is contracted to Spurs until June 30 2017.
“I can’t be satisfied with it, of course, I just want to play as many games.”