Spaniard has scored eight goals this season in all competitions.
Chelsea have been boosted by the news that key front man Fernando Torres has returned to training following a recent layoff with a knee injury, according to reports in the Daily Star.
Read more Chelsea FC news.
The Spain international picked up the problem after coming on as a substitute late on against his former club Liverpool in a Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge towards the end of December.
And at the time of the incident, the west London club’s head coach Jose Mourinho said that the 29-year-old would only be missing for between four and six weeks, with the self-styled Special One having now been proved correct in his assessment.
“The players resumed training on Wednesday following Monday night’s win in Manchester and the Chelsea TV cameras were there to show Fernando Torres back with the squad as they headed onto the Cobham pitch”, said the Blues in a statement on their official website.
“The Spanish striker has been recovering from a knee injury suffered against Man United last month.”
As a result, Torres is now in line to feature for the west Londoners in their vital Premier League fixture against Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon.