Dane set for Emirates Stadium departure.
Nicklas Bendtner says he will leave Arsenal at the end of the season in search of first team football.
SEE ALSO: The 10 worst Arsenal flops of the Premier League era
The Denmark international, 26, returned to North London last summer after a disastrous loan spell at Juventus and has made just one league start so far this season.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger blocked a summer move to Crystal Palace because the club failed to sign a replacement but Bendtner has since slipped behind 21-year-old Yaya Sanogo in the pecking order.
And head of England’s friendly with Denmark on Wednesday, Bendtner has confirmed his intention to leave the Emirates Stadium.
“I’m not going to stay at Arsenal – first team football is what I’m after. The plan is for me to move on. I’m ready for a new challenge,” Bendtner told Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten.
Bendtner’s lack of football at Arsenal has seen his Denmark place come under threat but the assured forward knows what needs to be done to stay in the team ahead of the start of the Euro 2016 qualifiers later this year.
“I know of the conditions. To keep my spot I need to play regularly. My self-esteem and my confidence as a footballer has not changed, but there are many who think all I do is party.
“That I am completely indifferent to football, and it’s the wrong version of reality. When I find my right club, I am sure that everything will be all right in itself, if there are no more injuries.”