However, the Argentinian ace does not fail at this stage of the Champions League.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as there are questions over Barcelona star Lionel Messi regarding his effectiveness this season.
– The worst season for Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
– The worst time for Messi. The decline of Messi.
– “In his best seasons, 2010-11, his numbers were tremendous: more than 100 interventions per game”.
– “Today his interventions in games has reduced to 33 per cent. If his numbers say something, it is that he is in crisis”.
– On fire Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid star is reliable and lethal. He is just two away from making it 40 goals for the fourth season in a row.
– 53000 souls against Milan as Atletico Madrid hope to hold on to slender lead.
– Thibaut Courtois: The man of the hour.
– Adriano Galliani: “Carlo Ancelotti and Florentino Perez will help us eliminate Atleti”.
– Atleti under pressure against Milan.
– Madrid destroying Spain and Europe. The leader with the most goals 115, Cristiano has 38 already.
– It is clear that Madrid are La Liga favourites.
– Uli Hoeness admits to responsibility. He confesses that he evaded €18.5 million.
– Exhibition from Rayo at the Anoeta. They draw level on points with Almeria and Valladolid.
– Contra takes over from Luis Garcia at Getafe.
– ‘The Messi effect’.
– Leo never fails at this stage of the Champions League. The star of Barca has scored 12 goals in the last 5 editions.
– Manuel Pellegrini: “We can come back at Camp Nou”.
– Barca boss Tata Martino to play Gerard Pique and Andres Iniesta against the English.
– Mat Hummels is itching to come.
– Carles Puyol, an example to remember.
– Diego Simeone without confidence, while Pep respects the Gunners.
– Oscar Pistorius vomits during the trial.