Argentinian’s father reportedly wanted to break off negotiations.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Barcelona and Lionel Messi remain ‘separated by €45m’ in negotiations over a new deal.
– ‘Messi mess’.
– €45m separate him and Barca. Bartomeu has offered him less money than Rosell.
– The club want to part of his personal marketing rights. Jorge, his father, planned to break negotiations.
– What a night for Betis at the Pizjuan. Leo Baptistao and Salva Sevilla spring a surprise as Los Verdiblancos put a foot in the next round.
– Keylor and Rakitic, priorities for Atletico.
– Interview with Camacho: “Madrid have the best team ever. Ancelotti is doing just great, the last four months have been great”.
– “Madrid is the real favourites for the Clasico and to win La Liga”.
– Arbeloa is not giving up. His injury is more serious than first thought and has put in danger his chances of playing at the World Cup.
– Ancelotti is awarded the Enzo Bearzot award. Ancelotti wins the award for his values.
– “His relationship and paternal approach to his players has allowed him to be close to his players without having to be overly authoritative”.
– Hoeness is going to jail for tax evasion. He has been sentenced to three years and a half for defrauding the tax office up to €28.4m.
– Ultimatum from Chelsea to Courtois. Renew or Abramovich will leave him on the Chelsea bench for two years.
– Betis put on a show. They take the Seville derby thanks to goals from Baptistao and Sevilla.
– Valencia open up to win three-nil.
– Argentina offer Martino the chance to be national team coach after the World Cup.
– Cule champions.
– Barca is the King of Europe of this century. Three titles, six semi-finals in a row, 7 years in a row of making it to the quarter finals, 12 times champions of their group.
– Betis put on a show at the Pizjuan. Seville shines green and white after their historic win.
– Happy Alves: He responds to the critics by dancing.
– Lineker: “When I see Messi, I realise how bad I was”.
– Injury to Arbeloa keeps him out for two months.
– Zaragoza: Esnaider sparks the nostalgia.
– Hoeness sentenced to jail for three and a half years.