Simeone has the formula to beat Mourinho, Calderon to push their team to Lisbon.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as the build-up to Atletico Madrid’s clash with Chelsea in the Champions League continues.
– ‘Again, Cholo’.
– Diego Simeone knows the way. He beat Jose Mourinho in the Copa and Chelsea in the Super Copa.
– Calderon will be full and will be pushing their team to Lisbon.
– Simone: “They can have better players, but not more passion”. Mou refuses to speak in Spanish: “Nobody gets here without a great squad”.
– Bayern training in secret. Pep Guardiola demands his side to not leave Xabi and Cristiano free.
– Pedro yes, Cesc no. Barca’s directors take note of the Camp Nou verdict.
– Now Atleti, Now!
– Thibaut Courtois: “I feel relieved that I will be able to play”.
– From translator, to being translated to. Mourinho refuses to respond in Spanish.
– Bayern arrive with five thousand fans.
– Gareth Bale has a fever but Carlo Ancelotti is still counting on him and will hope to have his two big stars ready to lead them to the final.
– Howard Webb will referee Madrid-Bayern.
– Aymeric Laporte convinces.
– Barca’s directors are convinced by the Athletic defender after his display at Camp Nou.
– They like his age, his height but the price (36 million) is the downside.
– David Luiz back on Barca’s radar.
– Lionel Messi threatens Ronaldo; he is only two goals behind the Portuguese.
– Cesc, the focus of the Camp Nou jeers.
– Atleti’s date with history.