Ten amazing facts about the beautiful game!
Over on Reddit Soccer, some super-knowledgeable football fans have been engaging in a discussing about the most mind-boggling facts from the football world.
SEE ALSO: Best Football Manager wonderkids
We’ve picked out the 10 best mind-boggling facts (and verified their validity, naturally):
10. Peter Odemwingie has won the Premier League Player of the Month award three times. That’s more than Ryan Giggs, Cesc Fabregas, Roy Keane, Robbie Fowler, David Ginola, Teddy Sheringham, Luis Suarez and Gianfranco Zola.
9. Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has been suspended for 20 Premier League matches despite never receiving a red card.
• 10 matches for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic
• 8 matches for racially abusing Man United’s Patrice Evra comments
• 1 match for gesture at Fulham
• 1 match for yellow card accumulation in 2012-13
8. Iker Casillas, who has spent 15 seasons in the Real Madrid first team, has won as many Zamora trophies (the lowest “goals-to-games” ratio) as Pinto: 1.
7. Think Sir Alex Ferguson managed Man United for a long time? Guy Roux was Auxerre boss for over forty years, in four different spells. Between 1964 and 2004, he spent 36 consecutive years as boss of the French club.
6. The first official manager of Real Madrid was an Englishman called Artur Johnson, who coached Los Blancos for ten years between 1910 and 1920.
Click next page for the best five mind-boggling footie facts!