Reds hitman denies claims that his contract includes an ‘escape to Real Madrid or Barcelona’ clause.
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has refused to comment on speculation that he could be tempted by a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona this summer.
The 27-year-old put pen to paper of a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Anfield in December.
It had been claimed that the deal included a clause that would allow either Real or Barca to buy out his contract for a pre-agreed price. Suarez denies this, but he remains coy on his future.
When asked about interest from the La Liga giants, Suarez told Sky Sports: “I don’t want to answer that. I try to avoid press speculation.
“I know what I want and what my agent says is good for me, but I don’t want to comment on speculation.”
He added: “I didn’t sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team.”
Suarez ended the season as the Premier League’s top goalscorer, having netted 31 times in 33 games. He also provided 12 top-flight assists.
Since joining Liverpool from Dutch giants Ajax in January 2011, Suarez has won just one piece of club silverware – the League Cup in 2012.
He has been capped 77 times by Uruguay at senior international level, scoring 38 goals.
Suarez will be hoping to add to that tally at this summer’s World Cup in Brazil.
Uruguay have been drawn in Group D, along with England, Italy and Costa Rica.
The South American nation will play two friendly games in preparation for the World Cup – against Northern Ireland on May 31 and against Slovenia on June 5.
SEE ALSO: The Fastest Players on Fifa 14