Milan star hits back on social media insisting he gave everything.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Italy and AC Milan striker continues to come under fire for his World Cup performances.
– Mario Balotelli divides Italy – accused by teammates, insulted on social media – “I’ve given everything for my country”. Milan striker receiving bulk of criticism after his disappointing displays and attitude, but ultimately it arguably unfair to blame him alone for the Azzurri’s early exit.
– Malago: “He’s not the only one responsible, but he reacted badly to criticism”. Latest comments on social media unlikely to ease the tension as reports continue of unrest amongst the Italy camp upon on their return home from Brazil.
– “He died with a smile… he loved sport, enough with violence” says the mother of Ciro Esposito.
– Balotelli – You’ve had enough – Azzurro without limits, this time on Instagram: “I didn’t choose to be Italia”.
– Never again – after 50 days of agony, Ciro Esposito passes away. Napoli fan shot prior to the Coppa Italia final dies.
– Holidays over – from the World Cup to the transfer market for Juventus. The Bianconeri prepare for a busy summer as after Antonio Conte confirmed his future at the club, they will now look to significantly strengthen the squad in order to finally challenge in Europe while simultaneously maintaining their domestic dominance.
– Redo Italy, and quickly.
– Torino try again for Sau.