France and Germany set for World Cup face off as they advance…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Europe announces itself at the World Cup with Paul Pogba and Mesut Ozil guiding their teams through.
– Paul Pogba and Mesut Ozil, Europe announce themselves on the World Cup. French overcome Nigeria while Algeria give the Germans a real scare before losing 2-1 after extra-time.
– Luis Suarez finally admits to bite, Giorgio Chiellini: “Already forgotten”.
– Alejandro Sabella crowns Lionel Messi: “With him we can win”. Argentina prepare to face Switzerland for a place in the quarter-finals at stake.
– Barbara Berlusconi: “Change this football” – give space to the 40 year olds in director role. Berlusconi calls for reform at the highest level and wants Italian football to move forward after the disappointment of the World Cup in Brazil.
– No current agreement on new Italy manager, waiting for Giancarlo Abete’s replacement. Still a great deal of confusion after resignations following the World Cup, there is still the possibility of talking Cesare Prandelli and Abete out of leaving.
– Lazio-Marco Parolo agreement, today the day for Juan Iturbe.