Top clubs still monitoring Vidal and Pogba, but only huge bid will convince Juve to sell.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Juventus are still keen on Alexis Sanchez, but they may have to sell a big name first in order to sign the Barcelona star.
– ‘Golden Pipita’. Argentina in the top four after 24 years.
– A splendid goal and the crossbar, the Napoli striker eliminates Belgium 1-0.
– Lionel Messi inspires, but significant blow as Angel Di Maria injured and there are fears that his World Cup could be over.
– Holland, what a struggle: Costa Rica beaten on penalties.
– Brazil lose Neymar and go from joy to despair. Fractured vertebra confirmed and it’s the end of his World Cup with two months out. Pele calls on Brazil to show the spirit of 1962 team when he was injured and the Selecao went on to win the World Cup without him.
– Juan Zuniga apologises (and receives death threats) and Pele comforts him.
– Germany record, now they just need to beat that final taboo. Their last World Cup victory was in 1990, but this is their fourth consecutive semi-final.
– Low would’ve resigned if they had gone out to France.
– Roma bring in Ashley Cole.
– Juve new mission for Alvaro Morata and Man Utd push for Arturo Vidal.
– Alberto Gilardino in China with Marcello Lippi.
– Milan focus on Alessio Cerci and strike a Vrsaljko deal.
– Lazio-Davide Astori OK.
– Pablo Osvaldo-Juan Vargas, Galatasaray’s gifts for Cesare Prandelli.
– Real Madrid worry for Alfredo Di Stefano in a coma.
– ‘A golden bite’.
– Barça grab Suarez for €79.5m and now the player hopes for a reduced ban.
– Catalans also close to Thiago Silva.
– Krul comes on to save the penalties and send Holland through to the semi-final. He stops two spot-kicks in the Costa Rica shoot-out.
– Now the Dutch face Argentina without Di Maria.
– Neymar shock, Brazil rage. Fractured vertebra and two months out.
– Bernard the favourite to replace him.
– Roma grab Ashley Cole on a free transfer.
– Juve enter the bidding war for Mustafi.
– Man United push for Vidal.
– Milan exchange, Vrsaljko in and Matri to Genoa.
– Juve: Sanchez (if one of the big stars leaves).
– Europe’s top clubs resume their bids for Vidal and Pogba. Bianconeri will only sell if there’s an offer they can’t refuse.
– Tomorrow Marotta meets the Chilean’s agent.
– Toro: Here are Cairo’s two gifts – Quagliarella and frozen season ticket prices.
– ‘Team is 95 per cent complete, but we need a striker’.
– Roma pick up Ashley Cole.
– Samp: Samuel! And there’s Movsisyan too.
– Matri to Genoa, Milan-Vrsaljko.