Europe takes on South America in the World Cup semi-finals.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Juventus continue their transfer push with two more signings expected in the next week or so.
– Europe takes on South America in the World Cup.
– Louis Van Gaal’s staff made Tim Krul into penalty king.
– Oliver Bierhoff – this Germany like the one of 2006.
– Inter Milan eye Memphis Depay… but interest also in Alexandre Pato. After coach Walter Mazzarri signs new deal, he looks to bolster his squad ahead of next season with move for Dutch international who impresses in the World Cup so far. However, it is questionable as to whether or not he would be able to persuade former Milan striker Pato to return to Italy.
– Alessio Cerci nears AC Milan. Torino star is again linked with a move to San Siro.
– Davide Astori – clash between Inter owner Erick Thohir and Claudio Lotito. Cagliari defender in high demand as both Inter and Lazio battle it out for his signature.
– Also in the transfer market it’s all Juve-Roma. Juve look to strengthen the squad again this summer, and their choice is between Juan Iturbe from Verona and Alvaro Morata. Meanwhile, Roma chase Juan Cuadrado from Fiorentina although they are understood to be close to signing Ashley Cole.
– Juventus – A week to get two attackers Alvaro Morata and Juan Iturbe. Bianconeri have seemingly beaten Milan to the signing of Iturbe.
– Inter keen on Astori.
– The shock over Neymar continues as there was fear over his career after suffering his back injury. Brazilian star told team-mate Marcelo that he couldn’t feel his legs.