Former England international secures move to Italian capital.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Roma’s new signing Ashley Cole insists that he is in Italy to continue to win trophies and be successful.
– Brazil-Germany, beautiful as a final.
– Goodbye to Alfredo Di Stefano, the Real Madrid legend.
– Hernan Crespo sees himself in Gonzalo Higuain: “Argentina is Messi, but Higuain is the extra weapon”.
– Juve, Alvaro Morata, Patrice Evra and Juan Iturbe on the way, but there are moves for Arturo Vidal.
– Ashley Cole: “I want to win here too”. Former Chelsea star confident that switch to Rome will allow him to continue to win. Giallorossi will hope to have the same impact on him as they did with Maicon last season, with the Brazilian reinvigorated and back playing for Selecao too.
– Real Madrid ready 40m Euro bid for Marco Verratti.
– Roberto Mancini: “Italy it would be an honour… no one has called me, but it would be a pleasure. Anyone who says I earn too much talks without knowing.”.
– Colossal clash between Germany and Brazil.
– Morata-Evra near to Juventus move.
– Higuain: “I’m not leaving Napoli”.
– Cole eyes Scudetto.
– Morata move nears, Marotta has offered 18m, Real Madrid want 20m plus add-ons.
– Calcio cries for Di Stefano.
– Torino, Atletico also interested in Alessio Cerci after rumours that Milan were in contention but Spaniards now in discussions with his agent.
– Sampdoria in for Esteban Cambiasso after his release by Inter Milan.