Allegri lined up as replacement and could be announced new coach on Wednesday.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Antonio Conte leaves Juventus amid speculation that he was unhappy with the club’s transfer strategy.
– Juventus shock.
– Antonio Conte says goodbye. Former boss speaks in video message to supporters, doesn’t reveal the reason why he has decided to leave but suggestions are that he was either upset with the club’s transfer strategy or he is looking at the Italy job.
– Media around Europe believe that Juve were willing to sell either Paul Pogba or Arturo Vidal this summer, hence the reason why Conte has left by mutual consent.
– Former AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri set to arrive in Turin.
– And then he was gone..
– Resounding farewell by Conte.
– Juve now turn to Allegri.
– “I love Wanda and Inter”. Mauro Icardi speaks.
– Ashely Cole in position. “We will win”. New Roma star presented to the media on Tuesday and is excited about the new challenge and wants to help the team win a Scudetto.
– Conte gone.
– Juve shock.
– Contract is terminated by mutual consent.
– “There was a path that led me to this choice”.
– Roberto Mancini and Allegri in pole for the job. Mancini unlikely to be a popular choice amongst the fans given his previous ties with Inter, particularly during the Calciopoli years. However, Allegri appears to be the favourite and will be appointed as soon as Wednesday.