Tavecchio voted in as FIGC president, first job is to convince Conte…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Carlo Tavecchio wins presidency of the FIGC despite making recent controversial comments.
– Italian football has a new president in Carlo Tavecchio – first job, convince Antonio Conte to take the national team role.
– PSG 2-1 Napoli, goals from Gonzalo Higuain, Javier Pastore and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Three tenors reunited but while there was applause for Ezequiel Lavezzi, there were whistles for Edinson Cavani.
– Stephan Lichtsteiner: “With Juve it’s love, I want to stay here”.
– Fiorentina beat Betis 2-1. Viola continue impress pre-season run with win over Spanish side.
– Shouts and insults, Tavecchio wins presidency. Despite recent controversial comments, Tavecchio still wins presidency with over 60% of the votes. Demetrio Albertini concedes defeat and hopes Italian football can move forward despite his loss.
– AC Milan try again for Douglas Costa. Pippo Inzaghi still searching for a right-sided winger.
– Roma all American, Unicredit sells to James Pallotta.
– Juventus choose, interest in Lavezzi, Javier Hernandez, Stevan Jovetic and Nani. Unclear at this stage as to which player is favourite to secure move to Turin, but Italian champions still in the market to strengthen, particularly if they are to lose Arturo Vidal.
– Milan still keen on Adel Taraabt. QPR star impressed during his loan spell at San Siro last season, but while Harry Redknapp is ready to let him leave for the right offer, it remains to be seen whether or not he has convinced Inzaghi.
– Rodrigo Palacio playing already for the EuroInter.