Conte leads GdS pole with Roberto Mancini trailing in second place…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as former Juventus boss Antonio Conte is the front-runner to become the new Azzurri coach.
– It may be Antonio Conte’s Italy.
– Carlo Tavecchio telephones the ex-Juve Coach who leads in the GdS poll with a majority of the votes. Roberto Mancini is in second place, while the likes of Francesco Guidolin and Luciano Spalletti are well behind.
– Lazio owner Claudio Lotito withdraws from Vice-President role.
– “I know now I can fly, but have to cherish the ball”.
– New Real Madrid, same Cristiano Ronaldo. Portuguese star scores twice to beat Sevilla in European Super Cup as Spanish giants pick up their first piece of silverware for the new season.
– Summit at Casa Milan. Pippo Inzaghi, Adriano Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi to meet again and discuss their transfer targets and the upcoming season.
– Conte by force.
– Tavecchio speaks with the ex-Juve Coach about becoming the new national team boss.
– “The players always win out”.
– Super Real win the Super Cup.
– Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho offers €37.5m for Roma defender Mehdi Benatia.
– The new Stankovic for Pioli.
– Rafa Benitez throws himself at Obiang.
– “Juve are the champions”.
– “We are stronger than last year and under Allegri I can score even more goals,” says striker Fernando Llorente as he looks to play a key role in the club’s success this season after settling last year.
– CT: Conte in pole. Former Juve coach expected to be announced as the new Italy coach next week.