Bonaventura and Torres impress in Milan training ahead of debuts next weekend…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Italy and Juventus clash over Giorgio Chiellini’s injury status as the defender returns for treatment.
– Clash between Italy and Juve.
– Change of plan: injured Giorgio Chiellini recalled. Team manager Oriali: ‘Did they not want to do us a favour? You can translate it like that…’
– The shadow of a snub towards Antonio Conte. Bianconeri reply: ‘Allusive comments, we always collaborate’.
– Gianluigi Buffon: ‘Antonio is a tough guy, we needed that’.
– Zaza and Berardi the Azzurri jewels.
– Sassuo…gold. President Squinzi: ‘We are the model club for Italian football’.
– Andrea Agnelli needs €29m to get the two strikers.
– Serie A revenue: Inter and Roma rise, Milan fall. Our estimations for the new season have Juve again in front with €275m.
– Milan test: Fernando Torres scores, Pippo Inzaghi stunned by Giacomo Bonaventura.
– Game between ranks for the Rossoneri and Spaniard moved well, but above all ex-Atalanta player impressed. The Coach tells Galliani: ‘He is a champion’.
– Transfer market and Rafa: Napoli doubts and the fans drift away.
– Azzurri sparks.
– Marotta recalls Chiellini, then row between Oriali and Juve.
– Defender back in Turin for treatment. Team manager intervenes: ‘A snub towards Conte? You decide’.
– The club enraged hits back at ‘allusive comments’.
– Walter Mazzarri: ‘This Inter is like me, we are at the start of the project. The top three from last season are still in front, but then it’s balanced. Nemanja Vidic is a champion, I always wanted Osvaldo and Guarin can play second striker’.
– David Trezeguet: ‘This is a Juve for the Champions League’.
– Maicon-Roma controversy with Brazil.
– Giuseppe Rossi pushing to be back in December.
– Bonaventura and Torres, here are their first goals.
– Bari-Perugia, race to the top of Serie B. Ternana seek another victory with Pescara, Avellino visit Cittadella. Yesterday Livorno and Latina ok.
– Trezeguet: ‘I’d give up on a fourth Scudetto to aim everything at a triumph in Europe’.
– ‘The change of management will help. I advised Pogba to stay, as he can only grow in Turin’.
– ‘Tevez and Llorente are very strong, but can give even more’.
– Market: Dani Alves free in June, Marotta is considering it.
– Buffon: ‘Conte’s era was finished’. ‘If he had stayed at Juve we would’ve had difficulties. Zaza? He’s a phenomenon’.
– Gaston Silva: ‘Juve and Inter wanted me, but I said yes to Toro’.
– Milan: Torres is scoring already.
– Inter: Palacio just an assist.
– La Pro decide: ‘Against Catania without fear’.
– Naismith’s big heart, season tickets for homeless people.