Portuguese international trained with group for first time yesterday…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo faces a real battle to be passed fit for the derby this weekend.
– Astronomical derby.
– Cholo’s arrival has levelled the contest.
– Atleti have buried 14 years of sorrow. With Simeone they have snatched two of the three titles from their great rivals, although Madrid won the most prestigious, the Champions League.
– A double with Wales: Gareth Bale charged with dynamite.
– Koke, the Atletico feeling. “On Saturday we are going to give everything”.
– Alcacer is the bargain of Europe. The new jewel of the Spain attack has a release clause of only €18m.
– Cristiano fighting to be ready for the derby.
– Yesterday he trained with the group for the first time. It remains to be seen whether or not the Portuguese international is able to recover in time to feature from the start.
– Atletico asked for 250 tickets and have sold 30.
– Pedro Sanchez: “I played football with Madrid but I became an Atletico fan at Estudiantes”.
– Xavi said no to Pep.
– The Barca captain rejected an offer from Bayern after one from Manchester United.
– He did not want to sign for a team that could rival Barcelona.
– Valdano provokes Jose Mourinho. “If Guardiola was Mozart then Mourinho would be Salieri”.
– No! The promising youngsters from the B team prefer to stay at Barca rather than accept the mouth-watering offers they have received.