Conte’s Italy struggle to win second European qualifier against Azerbaijan…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as there is reaction to Italy’s 2-1 win over Azerbaijan with Giorgio Chiellini scoring all three goals.
– Chiello’s head held high.
– Italy don’t shine against Azerbaijan, but win 2-1 and top the group on six points alongside Croatia.
– Giorgio Chiellini does it all: brace and own goal (with help from Buffon).
– Great final display from Giovinco.
– On Monday there’s Malta.
– Belotti lights up the Under-21 side, but Slovakia fight back. European Championship play-off, Azzurrini go in front, waste and are pegged back 1-1.
– The second leg is on Tuesday.
– Walter Mazzarri at the crossroads. Erick Thohir consults with Massimo Moratti, the game against Napoli is decisive.
– Massimiliano Allegri and Adriano Galliani divided over use of video replays.
– Adrien Rabiot has chosen and will be at Roma in January.
– De Blasi: ‘I’ll put Albania in the history books’.
– Italy win, but with goosebumps.
– At Palermo Chiellini does it all, scoring the opener, an own goal and eventually the winner.
– Croatia success in Bulgaria, Norway easily see off Malta.
– Under-21, a draw in Slovakia and the finals are close.
– Galliani applauds Inzaghi: ‘He’ll take us into the Champions League’. Milan CEO admits ‘the defence needs to be improved’.
– Walter Sabatini pushes Rabiot, as Roma want him in January. Agreement between director of sport and agents, a deal is imminent.
– Allegri says no to video replays. ‘It’s only needed for offsides and nothing else. Milan have now accepted that Muntari goal’.
– Tax on security in stadiums, the Lega Serie A rebels.
– Chiello show.
– Antonio Conte’s Italy struggle to beat Azerbaijan 2-1 in the second European qualifier.
– Chiellini does it all with a brace of headers and an own goal. Giovinco comes off the bench and is decisive.
– In the other games, Norway win 3-0 in Malta and Croatia 1-0 in Bulgaria.
– Allegri: ‘Vidal, use your head’. ‘Arturo dropped against Roma due to a technical decision. Now everyone stay concentrated, as the games that will decide the Scudetto are coming up. I could use Lichtsteiner as a centre-back’.
– Ferrero: ‘Ready to intervene after the floods’.
– Inter short-staffed, they seek Borini and bargains from the East.
– ‘Money, ideas and youth: the future is Toro’.