Ancelotti backs Casillas despite mistakes and praises Cristiano for his goals…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Barcelona star Luis Suarez nets twice for Uruguay and is now ready for El Clasico with Real Madrid.
– Carlo Ancelotti makes it clear: “If a President asked me to pick a player, I could leave”.
– The Italian last night on COPE:.
– “I trust in Casillas. I see him as strong and he’s going to play”.
– “When you have Cristiano in your starting line-up you are already winning 1-0”.
– “Kroos can do what Xabi does, I’m sure”.
– The man of goals; Cristiano has scored more goals than 104 teams in the six main Leagues. Only six surpass his average of 2.15 per game.
– Levante, Jesus Fernandez; a Champion grandfather: he is the goalkeeper’s oldest unconditional supporter.
– Under-21s, Spain-Serbia; at stake the Europeans and the Olympic Games in Rio.
– A defeat would condemn Celades’ men.
– Cadiz falls in love with La Rojita.
– Three thousand ‘Gaditanos’ at Under-21 training.
– They must beat Serbia to go to the Europeans, which would qualify them for the Olympic Games.
– Ancelotti: “You could count Casillas’ mistakes on the fingers of one hand”.
– Suarez: two goals in 10 minutes against Oman; he is ready to make his Barca debut in the Clasico on the 25th.
– UEFA receive complaints over the debt accumulated by Madrid, Barca, Atletico and Manchester; City and PSG lead the crusade.
– Atletico in negotiations with Turkish Airlines; they will put their name to the new stadium.
– Negredo receives the medical all-clear after 86 days out; Nuno will decided if he makes the Deportivo fixture.
– A double from Luis Suarez.
– The Uruguayan scores two goals against Oman as a rehearsal for El Clasico.
– Destiny: “If I only have to return for the Bernabeu then that’s how it will be”.
– Neymar pays for a physio; he has already worked with him at Santos.
– Iniesta wins the ‘Golden Foot’.
– Barca don’t rule out winter signings.
– Real Madrid; Carlo Ancelotti recommended players to Milan.