Mazzarri under strain as job safety comes into question…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy with reaction to Juventus’ loss to Olympiakos in the Champions League on Wednesday night which complicates qualification.
– Greek regret – Juventus wake late, and lose again in Europe as they fall to 1-0 defeat to Olympiakos which puts them in a difficult position moving forward if they wish to qualify out of the group stage and into the knockouts.
– Nervy Mazzarri: Inter boss responds to suggestions that former president believes he is coming to the end of his reign in charge. “Moratti? I won’t waste my time…”
– Even Milan defend Verona over racism ban, “No chants”. Verona have denied that their supporters made racist chants at the weekend.
– Juve, European nightmare, after Atletico, another defeat that now complicates the qualification process. Bianconeri set for further failure in Europe.
– Walter Mazzarri: “I won’t waste my time with him”. Inter coach responds to Moratti claims.
– Cesare Prandelli sinks, now risks Real show.
– Shaken James Pallotta and Rudi Garcia: “Roma, set-off again with heads held high”. Giallorossi hoping for an immediate response from players after Bayern defeat. Loss could have shaken confidence, but the supporters showed that they are still behind them and that will have boosted morale.
– Milan on Verona racism row: “No one insulted Sulley Muntari”.
– Haunting, Ridiculous defeat in Athens.
– Giampiero Ventura: “Torino, take Europe with the help of the fans”.