Bianconeri secure win over Palermo to move three points clear…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Juventus defeat Palermo on Sunday to take advantage of Roma’s slip up and extend their lead at the top.
– Juve, 1, 2, +3, Bianconeri ruthless against Palermo and re-open gap with Roma. Victory over Palermo ensures the champions take full advantage of Roma dropping points on Saturday to open up three point lead at the top of the Serie A table.
– Unfinished business from Milan, Fiorentina remain taboo, and third place disappears. Although the run of three consecutive losses at home to Viola is ended, Pippo Inzaghi’s side lose third place after 1-1 draw.
– Inter win only with a penalty, Erick Thohir warns Walter Mazzarri, next two games decisive. Nerazzurri still under pressure to deliver.
– H Factor – Napoli boom, Gonzalo Higuain three goals, and Marek Hamsik with two. Duo score their first goals of the Serie A season to relieve some pressure on Rafa Benitez.
– Udinese, magical Antonio Di Natale. Veteran striker continues to deliver.
– Juventus, full speed ahead. Massimiliano Allegri and Co. back on track as they continue to lead the way domestically.
– Hamsik, Higuain show, Napoli go behind but then score six, Milan held 1-1 with Fiorentina. Significant win for Benitez, Inzaghi has to settle for a point and has regrets after dropping two points to rivals for Champions League spot.
– Juventus redemption, three points up on Roma.
– Mazzarri dares, Inter back on track, Cesena furious.
– Toro of Italy, no victory, Gillet fails.