Luis Enrique takes blame for defeat and defends his gamble…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern dominate the nominations for the Ballon d’Or with 16 between them.
– €1,400 to eliminate Madrid.
– The dream of the Cup revolutionises Cornella. A ‘selfie’ before the great day.
– Los Blancos begin the defence of their crown at the home of…Espanyol.
– Keylor Navas makes his debut in the tournament and dreams of a derby with Atletico in the Last 16.
– Sabadell-Sevilla, a replay of the 1935 final.
– CR3: Cristiano is the clear favourite to win his third Ballon d’Or.
– Messi and Neuer, the alternatives.
– Incredible: Luis Suarez is not amongst the 23 finalists.
– Carlo Ancelotti, Simeone and Guardiola aspire to Coach of the Year.
– The League plan to cancel the debt with Hacienda…with sale of the audio-visual rights for €142m.
– Awards under suspicion: indignation in the Rojiblancos’ dressing room at the LFP gala.
– “This will make us even stronger”.
– Laporta doesn’t pay the bill.
– Cristiano and 22 more.
– Ballon d’Or: between Madrid, Bayern and Barca there are 16 candidates.
– Keylor Navas, the goalkeeper for the Cup.
– Cornella hopeful and Madrid make rotations.
– Cerezo: “The Atleti fans are annoyed at the LFP and they have every right in the world to be so”.
– A Sevilla on a good run and with a lot of reserves will be present in Sabadell: they have only sold 1,500 tickets.
– Luis Enrique: “Calm down and we’ll see if Mathieu surprises you by playing as a central defender or full-back”.
– Luis Enrique sings “my fault”, waves off his critics and defends his gamble.
– “We will play loyal to our style”.
– Messi: “I don’t know if he played with an injection”.
– Mathieu: “Yes it could cause a surprise if he plays at full-back, so calm down and let’s go”.
– Without Messi or Neymar; Espanyol will be missing Sergio and Caicedo is a doubt.
– Liability action dismissed.
– Barca: the board will meet tomorrow or Friday to decide whether to appeal.
– The judge deems the demand objective, adjusts the accounts and finds in favour of Laporta and his board in the first instance.
– Justified reply from Los Rojiblancos: they feel neglected following the share-out of the LFP awards.
– Ballon d’Or, the 23 candidates: Four from Barca but Luis Suarez excluded.
– Cornella-Real Madrid: enthusiasm bursts out before the clash with Los Blancos.
– Sabadell-Sevilla: They want to surprise a mean Sevilla.