Pirlo magic wiped out by Greeks before comeback from hosts…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Juventus secure a vital 3-2 win over Olympiacos in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
– The Bianconeri beat Olympiacos 3-2, Atletico overcome Malmo 2-0.
– Juve party, but what a scare. Great comeback. After the prowess of Andrea Pirlo, the Greeks go up 2-1. The Bianconeri are practically out on 61 minutes.
– An own goal and the Frenchman’s first goal in the competition banish the ghosts. Arturo Vidal misses a 95th minute penalty, which could be a burden to qualification.
– Rudi Garcia warns Roma: Don’t be stupid against Bayern. The Giallorossi coach in Munich to salvage some pride after the 7-1 ko.
– “But it’s hard to challenge a team with that many stars”. Francesco Totti on the bench, Mattia Destro full speed ahead.
– Karim Benzema-goal. Real qualify. Liverpool without Balo.
– Cesare Prandelli overwhelmed by Ciro Immobile.
– Arsenal from 3-0 to 3-3.
– Milan rely on Papa Boys. Today at the San Siro, the Argentinians from San Lorenzo in the reserves.
– Barbara’s idea: Stadium in front of the head office.
– Yann M’Vila goes missing, then is found and fined.
– Dybala King of Sicily. “I am the anti-Diavolo, I’m chasing Pastore”.
– Juve Roar!
– Champions League, Bianconeri win against Olympiacos. Great turnaround in two minutes, Vidal misses a penalty.
– Jewel from Pirlo then the 2-1 to the Greeks, an own goal and Pogba turn the match around.
– Atletico ok with Koke.
– Prandelli falls at Dortmund. Real defeat Liverpool.
– Roma take precautions in Munich. Garcia removes a striker: Totti out, there is Destro.
– Pep Guardiola: “I fear their wounded pride, we have to pay attention.”
– “I want Riva at the stadium.” Cagliari owner: “I will ask for Moratti’s help.”
– Saint Pogba.
– Great comeback in a minute: Juve wake from the Greek nightmare. Second victory in the Champions League for the Bianconeri: 3-2.
– Pirlo scores, then 2-1 to Olympiacos makes the Stadium jittery before the comeback in the 65th and 66th minute with the own goal started by Llorente and the gem from the Frenchman. Vidal misses a penalty in injury time.
– Juve catch the Greeks for second place. Atletico in first after 2-0 against Malmo.
– Bayern-Roma, Garcia orders: “Let’s try.” In Munich to cancel out the 1-7 of the first match.
– Toro: Europe to get Pazzini-Ljajic.
– Okaka speaks: “Sinisa Mihajlovic, Eurosamp, Italy and me.”
– Italian Inter: Fabio Borini is the first target for January.
– Keisuke Honda on AC Milan: “Lacking fitness and predictable.”