Ancelotti looking to add Brazilian to his squad sooner rather than later…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid look to bring in Lucas Silva in January if possible to cover injuries in midfield.
– Lucas is coming, now or in June.
– Real Madrid are already working on the Cruzeiro central midfielder’s contract. The club believes there is a 75 per cent chance of reinforcing in January.
– Luka Modric’s injury and Sami Khedira’s absences the keys.
– The match of shame: Levante-Zaragoza. Charges for everybody: anti-corruption cites 29 players, a President, two directors and a Coach.
– The Levante Coach and President are free.
– Tebas, Sergio Gonzalez and Lendoiro called as witnesses. The charges will be brought in Valencia next week.
– The Spanish League (LFP) will act as the prosecution.
– A black night: defeat and 110 Sevilla fans in the police station. Despite having tickets it was demanded they were either Dutch nationals or residents.
– Multi-purpose Isco.
– He is now the player who has retrieved most balls for the team.
– Cristiano-Messi: L’Equipe dedicate their front page and describe them as the ‘sublime duel’.
– Mario Mandzukic equals Luis: no Rojiblanco had scored a hat-trick in the European Cup since 1970.
– Villar to answer the Swede over the ‘Garcia Report’. FIFA investigates him for failing to answer the financial questions.
– Villarreal fail to seal qualification: they squandered two leads against Gladbach. Sevilla make it difficult: they need a point against Rijeka to qualify.
– David Moyes debuts at Anoeta: “I want a fast and driven La Real”.
– The No 9 returns.
– After his first time in Cyprus, Suarez is still trying to find his ideal position in the ‘super-attack’.
– Barca have gone back to an out-and-out centre-forward so Luis can play closer to the area.
– He will be operated on this Tuesday: Vermaelen out between four and five months.
– Brandao goes to prison for head-butting Thiago Motta.
– The Casillas affair is resurrected because he is in the starting line-up.