Madrid win in Cristiano’s absence…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema plays a starring role in their 4-1 win over Real Sociedad.
– How could they not want him.
– Karim Benzema’s superb goal rounds off a great match from Madrid. Los Blancos recover the magic in their football led by the Frenchman.
– Isco maintains his love affair with the Bernabeu. For the fourth time in the last four games Madrid concede a goal in the first minute. After that, La Real disappeared.
– Class and goals: Griezmann and Mandzukic seal a calming victory in the Ipurua mud.
– The yellow challenge: Villarreal arrive at the Camp Nou in full flow, 18 consecutive games without losing.
– Bartomeu’s best goal.
– Football art.
– Benzema’s great goal blended together Madrid’s qualities. In Cristiano’s absence, Madrid lined up in a 4-4-2 formation and everyone played well.
– La Real began well but then deflated. Ancelotti: “I don’t know if we play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2”.
– Atleti triumph in the mud. Quick goals from Griezmann and Mandzukic (2).
– Luis Enrique: “In Spain a slap is more of an offence than five tackles”.
– Barca, on a good run, welcome a Villarreal obliged to win so Madrid and Atleti don’t escape them.
– The Blaugrana have won their last seven games but their opponents are not lagging behind: they have gone 18 games without losing.
– Luis Enrique: “In this country you offend more with a slap than breaking someone with four or five tackles”.
– Espanyol: Jose Manuel Lara dies. The editor, who was the major shareholder with Los Blanquiazules, dies aged 68.
– Real Madrid 4 Real Sociedad 1: they don’t miss Cristiano.
– Eibar 1 Atletico Madrid 3: Griezmann and Mandzukic get the goals beneath the rain.