Can the former Madrid star successfully rival his competition?
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Barcelona youth starlet is linked with Real Madrid while Lionel Messi and Neymar are praised.
– Korean kid on Madrid’s radar.
– Lee Seung-Woo: aged 17: goalscoring forward: Korean international: MVP in the Asian Under-16 Cup. Lee, jewel of the Blaugrana youth system, has been offered to Los Blancos, who are studying his signing. He has had a year without playing because of a FIFA sanction and will not be able to do so for almost another year.
– Neymar’s signing could cost Bartomeu dear. The prosecutor asks for him to be charged for alleged fraud of €2.8m.
– The figure for the transfer is €94.8m.
– La Primera captains: “A captain must have character, honesty and be a leader”. This is how the dressing room leaders see things.
– The clubs will not now wait for the government: at a meeting on Friday they will negotiate the sale of TV rights.
– Fearing an uphill battle in February: since El Cholo arrived at Atletico they have carried out the physical work in this month…and they have picked up.
– Malaga 1 Valencia 0.
– A Galactico for FIFA.
– Figo is now an official candidate: he will need to pass the integrity and governance checks. His rivals will be Blatter, Hussein and Van Praag.
– Cardenal: “I invite Villar to a public debate”. The FEF President calls him a liar and challenges minister Wert.
– The prosecutor asks for Bartomeu to be charged with a tax offence in the ‘Neymar Case’.
– Samu Castillejo stops Valencia and takes them out of the Champions League zone.
– Madrid, the only team in the big European Leagues that has always scored.
– World ‘Pichichis’.
– Nobody in the important competitions has beaten Messi and Neymar’s goalscoring figures in 2015.
– Between Leo and Ney they have scored 17 goals, two more than all the Real Madrid players put together.
– Jordi Alba: “As a Cule I always want Real Madrid to lose”.
– ‘Neymar Case’: the prosecutor asks for Bartomeu to be charged.
– Carlo Ancelotti has Real Madrid tired.