Braida joins up with Barcelona as new head of international football…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti will stick with his style and fundamentals to get the club back on track.
– ‘Carlo, your turn’. The Real Madrid Coach believes he will come out of the crisis without changing the style of play of his team. The board want him to change the way he manages the squad, but he retains faith in his ‘script’ and relies on the reaction of the team after their heavy defeat to city rivals Atletico Madrid last weekend.
– Stop. The new Bernabeu – The High Court of Madrid delays the project. The club now do not have the approval for their upgrades and are forced to stop.
– Copa semi-finals. Barca-Villarreal. Both teams with all their weapons as they face this first game with their strongest XIs.
– Athletic-Espanyol. Penultimate obstacle. Los Leones have not lost at home ever to Espanyol in the Copa.
– Laporta returns. ‘The Barca players must receive even more’.
– ‘Goodbye new Bernabeu’. The High Court of Madrid stops the remodelling of the stadium. The agreement between the club, council and community is cancelled.
– Atleti conquer the world. They will expand to China, India, USA, Mexico and Turkey.
– The Premier League agrees a TV contract for €6.9bn. They will charge €2.3bn each year.
– Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar threaten Villarreal in their Copa del Rey clash on Wednesday night.
– Espanyol will control Aduriz with three centre-backs.
– Madrid run less. The players ran 9km less than Atletico in the derby and that is suggested as a possible reason behind their failure as fatigue starts to set in.
– ‘Braida in Barcelona’.
– The former AC Milan official will now be Barca’s new head of international football as he arrived yesterday and today will watch Barca-Villarreal from a box.
– ‘I’m happy and proud to be at Barcelona,” said Ariedo.
– Torpedo Neymar. The Brazilian usually scores against the Yellow Submarine, the weapon of a Barca looking for their fourth final in five years as they eye progression in the Copa del Rey.
– Copa Athletic-Espanyol. A dream despite the injuries that both teams are suffering from.