Chelsea will not be signing Paris Saint-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi ahead of the January transfer window deadline according to Laurent Blanc.
As reported by the Metro earlier this month, the Premier League champions had been interested in signing the Argentine international.
With his contract set to expire at the end of the season, the Ligue 1 side had supposedly been open to selling in order to avoid losing him for nothing, but Blanc has made clear that their intention is to keep the former Napoli star on board until the summer.
“We have been very clear with Lavezzi. We have been very, very clear with him,” Blanc said in his press conference ahead of Sunday’s game at St Etienne.
“I don’t want to tell you what we said — but we have been very clear with him, from the beginning of the season until this transfer window. We have been very clear on his situation. He cannot say the contrary. We all know that if someone wants to leave the club, all the parts of the club must agree. Apparently it is not the case, because he hasn’t moved.
“The contract of ‘Pocho’ ends in June, and there is a strategy. Well, not really a strategy, but there is a position to stand, hold or keep.”
The 30-year-old has also been linked with a move back to Serie A with Inter, with his agent conceding earlier this week that the Nerazzurri were certainly an option.
However, it doesn’t appear as though Blanc is interested in losing him at this stage, as the club continue to compete on various fronts and hope to rule both domestically and in Europe this year.