- Manchester United have contacted Ivan Rakitic over a transfer
- The Croatia international has decided he’ll leave Barcelona this summer
- Arsenal have also been linked in the past and he’s yet to decide on where he’ll go
- MORE: Barcelona duo pushing £88million star towards Manchester United transfer
- MORE: Ivan Rakitic WAG: Best pics of Barcelona star’s wife Raquel Mauri as pair could be headed to Liverpool or Man Utd
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has spoken to Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic about a transfer as he looks to have made up his mind to leave the Nou Camp in the summer.
Where the Croatia international will end up, however, is not yet clear as he also seems to have spoken with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, according to Don Balon.
The Spanish outlet claims Rakitic is almost 100% committed to a change of club this summer, though he is attached to his life in Barcelona and also has a second home in Seville, where he plans to retire.
Rakitic is no longer a guaranteed starter for Barca due to the presence of Philippe Coutinho and Paulinho, and United could be an option for him.
Diario Gol, however, have also recently claimed the 29-year-old is tempted by an offer to move to Arsenal, who look to have their mojo back in the transfer market after a busy January.
In truth, Rakitic could be a great fit at any of those clubs after a successful career in La Liga, and it would be fantastic to see a creative midfielder of his quality in the Premier League.
A midfielder is clearly on United’s radar for next season as Michael Carrick is set to retire in the summer, with the Manchester Evening News also linking the Red Devils with similar players to Rakitic in the form of Arturo Vidal, Jorginho and Julian Weigl.